I love to create images through painting 🎨, drawing ✏️ and embroidery 🧵 as well as through styling and art direction. My aesthetic is maximalist, blending both old and new, found and created.
In March 2023 I participated in a collaborative process to augment portraits by the Artist Deborah Kelly. You can read more about that experience here.
Back in November 2021, I participated in the creative journalling challenge as part of the Design Canberra Festival. This is a scan of my journal.
In 2024, I am interesting in experimenting with zines and graphic story telling.
Here are some examples of my work 🔽
Image descriptions (clockwise from top left)
- Pet portraits in watercolour and ink.
- Cat embroidery.
- A painting of my living room in watercolour and ink.
- A photograph of model Rasi Gupta taken by Jesse Petrie. Styling and art direction by me.
- Cityscape in pencil and ink.
- Dog embroidery.
- Augmented portrait of Latai Taumoepeau by Artist Deborah Kelly mentioned above.